Sunday, January 11, 2009

Here's Your Sign



Have you heard comedian Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" routine. Feel free to listen here if you have 6 and a half minutes. It's the inspiration for this post.

Now of all the places to put a "Dead End" sign.... I'm thinking they thought this was the best solution to keep people from slamming their cars right into this wall, but a dead end sign?

We were downtown last night, had dinner at the Olive Garden after Darin's cousin Alan and his wife, Brynnly were sealed. I pulled into the American Plaza parking garage, and this is what we saw. I immediately looked at Darin and said, "here's your sign". No, I would not have hit that wall if the sign was not there. Please notice the skid marks from tires on the ground in front of the sign, and the nice black streak at say, oh bumper height on the wall underneath the sign. What is wrong with people? It's like there is some gravitational pull to the wall. Do you think the pull would be there if the sign wasn't? I'm thinking large black and yellow diagonal stripes would have been better, then again, they might pull someone into the wall with their dizzying powers.

My conclusion is that if they must put a sign on this wall, it should read: "there is a solid concrete wall here, while it is not advised that you do so, please drive into the wall if you wish, but know it is at your own risk, and we will assume no responsibility for damage to your vehicle as concrete is not forgiving". Maybe if the words on the sign are long enough, people will actually stop just to read it, and all sorts of accidents can be prevented.

I think I'll contact American Plaza and have them get that sign fixed right away.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO something that would have cracked me up too. Well played - I like the 'concrete is not forgiving' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny. What's wrong with people! Seriously! Thanks again for coming Saturday and for the gift. It was fun seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told my husband about your post and he is now listening to Bill Engvill from your site. :) We were at Niagra Falls in rain slickers and getting drenched at the bottom of one of the falls. There was a sign posted "No Smoking" We about died of laughter. There is no way you could light anything there. LOL

    ReplyDelete