Sunday, March 22, 2009

Old Habits



Some things you inherit from your parents. I've inherited a lot from mine. They are both very hard workers, I got that. My dad's got a great sense of humor, I got some of that. My mom is a go-getter/over achiever, I got that. They both like to have fun and want to stay young forever, I got that. But there is something I inherited from my dad that is just a little annoying, and maybe even gross.
We both love to chew on plastic. I know, it can't be good for the pearly whites, and who knows who's touched those things, but we do it anyway. I chew on the plastic pins that come on your clothes tags form the store, and the little balls of glue that drop from a glue gun, but my favorite thing to chew on (and dad's) is the plastic ring that comes from a carton of milk. I chew those things until they are almost disinegrated. Dad, too. We've sat together and played cards with blue plastic hanging out of our mouths. We've counted how many bites it takes to get from one end to the other. We compete to see who can get theirs the longest. CRAZY I tell ya!
It's so common for me that Riley has even resorted to bringing them to me when he opens a new gallon of milk. A little embarassing when I'm in the salon with a client. Awkward to explain.
So, last night I ventured over to mom and dad's to pick up 2/3 of my boys and my dad had a present for me. A cup full of plastic milk carton rings. Oh daddy... you are so thoughful. I'll have milk rings to chew on for weeks. Thanks dad. Of all the things I could inherit, I am glad there is one thing that is especially ours.

2 comments:

  1. That is interesting, what a cute little duo for you and your dad. It's funny how we have our little tidbits about us that makes us who we are. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember this and bring some along on our next weekend...

    ReplyDelete